Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Actor Boy and The Word Of God

I was so inspired by everyone's responses to my confession story that I would like to continue the religious theme and tell the tale of Actor Boy, who I used to work with in a bookshop. The bookshop was (and still is) run by a couple of very left-wing broad minded non-religious types. We stocked the Bible, but were always running out of copies because KI (the buyer) couldn't get her head around the fact that anyone would ever contemplate buying one, so she never re-ordered it.

One day, when our shop was Bible-less, a customer came in and asked AB if we had a copy of the Bible.

AB stepped out from behind the counter and went to the religion shelf to have a look. He pulled a book from the shelf while saying "No, I'm sorry. I'm afraid we don't. But we do have something else by the same author". He triumphantly handed a copy of the Koran to the horrified customer.

8 comments:

Jacob said...

That is the funniest shit ever. And technically, I guess it's sort of true.

Melanie Myers said...

Love it! Customer's face would have been priceless.

Jo said...

I think I'm in love with Actor Boy. Does he like life-sized cardboard cutouts of Princess Leia?

Felix for Zosia said...

Jacob - It's gold isn't it?

BK - Sadly not a repeat customer I think.

Jo - he probably does, although I didn't even have to fight for Steve Waugh. I think that must be an alpha male thing rather than an anti- lifesized cardboard cutout thing.

Cléa said...

This is brilliant!!! We need more people like him.

red said...

fabulous. more people with this mentality would make the world a better place.

Felix for Zosia said...

R + C - you are both right I think. More Actor Boys and less Horrified Customers!

Femikneesm said...

That. Totally. Rocks.