Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cleavage Occasion #2

It's official - I think I'm hilarious. I am the only person among my swirls and eddies of friends and acquaintances (to my knowledge) who grabs a pen and writes down something someone said that I think is funny. The other day I found a beer coaster with this little nugget on it; I think it's a couple of years old:

Just because you have a crooked cleavage doesn't mean you're interesting

Yes, Flo, I was talking about you. Your parents might have given you a boob job to celebrate your sensational year 12 results, which were good enough to get you into Law, but the new boobs were far from sensational. Your cleavage is CROOKED. I do admire the fact that you shamelessly show your baps off with aplomb anyway, despite the fact that they look like crap*, but, just for the record, I'd rather not have to speak to you. This has nothing to do with the fact that you have crooked boobs, and more to do with the fact that you are boring, and have an irritating voice.

*Bap and crap rhyme, so this must be true.

4 comments:

brandy said...

Ahh! I love that someone else does this! I recently wrote about some funny things my friends and I had said and in the comments someone asked how the hell I remembered it all, and then I had to go and say the truth- we are a writing it down sort of group. I think I STILL have paper napkins with our 'deep thoughts' from a wing/beer night 2 years ago.

Juice Bar said...

One of my most memorable nights was a post-dinner party list making session with the four dregs who stayed after coffee, writing endless lists based on a rotating question. The dinner party is long forgotten, the lists are long gone, but I still remember the top five people I admire the most and a vague recollection of my top five life goals.

Good times.

Felix for Zosia said...

B- Oh, so I am not the only one. I might be the only one who jumps up mid conversation, and writes it down in front of the person who just said the funny thing though!

JB- Oh yes, the lists. I love lists.

I posted this just before a little jaunt across the Tasman. It didn't take me a week to form replies to these comments, it's just that I was in Nuw Zulund for a conference/woolen nipple warmer buying expedition.

Nerd Girl said...

I have a notebook which I carry to all my lessons and (when I was doing them) drama rehearsals too, it is filled with many immortal lines and it has now become someting of a Biology passtime for totally random classmates to pick it up and look through. I feel very proud indeed.