Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Cold Remedies

A propos of nothing in particular, I felt like sharing some recipes:

My current favourite is a variation on the Hot Toddy
Lemon Scented tea
milk (if that's how you normally have tea)
2-3 cloves
spoonful of honey
dash of honey vodka

The Hot Toddy is as above but Scotch instead of vodka, a slice of lemon instead of the tea, and no milk.

As you can see, I favour the alcoholic approach to colds, in the belief that it will possibly kill some bugs but failing that will probably make you feel a bit better, at least temporarily.

These are good At Home drinks. If you have to go out, I suggest vodka cranberry (or a cosmopolitan if you feel like being fancy). All the vitamin C in the cranberry juice will have you feeling better in no time.

No comments: